Housism of the Week

House: "I'm the most screwed-up person in the world."
Cuddy: "I know. I love you."
Help Me (06x23)

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Couples Countdown Nr.20

Phoebe & Mike
(Friends)


Current status: Married.
The Beginning: Phoebe and Joey decide to set each other up on blind dates and Joey, who forgot, introduces her to the next stranger, Mike.
Course of the Relationship: At first, Phoebe is mad at both Joey and Mike, but when she meets Mike again, they hook up and become a happy couple. But when they want to move in together, they disagree over their future (Mike doesn't want to get married) and break up. Although they can't keep their hands off each other, they stay apart. When an old boyfriend, Phoebe's first love, proposes to her in Barbados, Monica convinces Mike to propose, too. Phoebe doesn't accept either proposal but she gets back together with Mike. On their first anniversary they get engaged, after they both proposed to each other but failed.
The End & Future: Phoebe and Mike get married in a wonderful ceremony in the snow and in the finale, they decide that they want children of their own.


When I fell in love with them: I think it was right at the beginning, after Joey introduced him to her and I somehow knew that this was going to be a great couple.
Why I like them: Mike is absolutely right for Phoebe: Phoebe's crazy and wild, Mike is rather quiet and always tries to bring Phoebe back down to earth: They complete each other perfectly, plus they are very cute. And I like that he's the one for Phoebe who has had her share of bad relationships.
Best Moment: I just loved their wedding: It was romantic, kind of weird (like Phoebe) and the episode where they couldn't keep their hands off one another although they wanted to split up.
Saddest Moment: I hated it when they broke up so soon after they got together because it was very clear that they were meant to be together. It mad me sad that they were still torn towards each other and couldn't keep their hands off one another but still they stayed apart.


Why Nr.20? I like them but on the other hand I liked Phoebe and "the scientist guy", too and always felt that maybe they should have ended up together.
Miscellaneous: An often forgotten couple, overshadowed by the whole Ross&Rachel, Monica &Chandler hype.


This post is a part of my Couples Countdown (Read also HERE)


Current Mood: Happy

No comments: