Housism of the Week

House: "I'm the most screwed-up person in the world."
Cuddy: "I know. I love you."
Help Me (06x23)

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Couples Countdown Nr.16

Grace & Will
(Will & Grace)




Current status:
Married, but not with each other. Related because their children got married.
The Beginning:
Will and Grace met in college and soon started a relationship. One year later Will proposed to her but he only wanted to postpone having sex with her. He realized that he was gay and Grace was devastated.
Course of the Relationship:
A few years later, they met again and soon they became best friends. They moved in together after one of Grace's relationships failed and helped each other through several break-ups, new boyfriends, always knowing that the other one has their back. They even decide that they want to have a child through artificial insemination but eventually Grace falls in love with another man, Leo. She gets married to him and Will and Grace have a huge fight. After some time they reconcile but in the end, both have new partners.
The End & Future:
Will and Grace decide that they have to lead their own lives. Grace marries Leo, Will marries Vince, both have children and eventually these children marry, reuniting the couple as relatives.

When I fell in love with them:
First episode. I instantly liked their closeness and the whole concept of them being best friends.
Why I like them:
They're absolutely cute together. They're so close, maybe closer than most "real" couples and behave like husband and wife, but they support each other when someone has a new partner. I like that they're so funny together and that they complete each other. I always felt that they should hook up, but after all, he's gay.
Best Moment:
I don't have one moment, I just loved their general closeness and the way they always looked out for the other one.
Saddest Moment:
Their fight when Grace didn't want the artificial insemination.

Why Nr.16?
I hated the finale: Why do they have to spent so much time apart? They were best friends, almost lovers and they spent so much time apart?
Miscellaneous:
A couple that isn't a couple: Will's gay and Grace is in love with other men. I still always thought they belong together.

This post is a part of my Couples Countdown (Read also HERE)

Current Mood: Kinda happy

No comments: