Housism of the Week

House: "I'm the most screwed-up person in the world."
Cuddy: "I know. I love you."
Help Me (06x23)

Monday, June 1, 2009

Couples Countdown Nr.19

Susan & Mike
(Desperate Housewives)





Current status: Divorced, one son MJ, both have new partners (As of episode 100)
The Beginning: When the mysterious plumber Mike moves in next door, Susan is instantly smitten and Mike seems to like her, too. But Mike's secrets and Susan's clumsiness seem to get in their way.
Course of the Relationship: It's the typical on-off relationship: After some time together, they split up and reconcile. Just as Mike wants to propose to Susan, he gets hit by a car and is in a coma for some time. When he wakes up, he doesn't remember Susan, who's devastated and turns to Ian, who she falls in love with. But eventually, they reconcile, get married and Susan gets pregnant. Mike battles drug addiction and the pregnant Susan wants him to stop. Their son MJ is born and they're very happy, but during the five year time jump, they have an accident, killing a woman and child, which eventually destroys their marriage.
The End & Future: Both have new partners, but I hope they will get together again. There's still a spark left.

When I fell in love with them: Cuz I started watching DH only in season 2, I think it was somewhere around the season 2 finale when I wanted Mike to propose to Susan and then he got hit by that car.
Why I like them: Although Susan gets on my nerves sometimes; she and Mike are still a great couple and they have been through a lot. I like Mike's mysterious ways and the fact that Susan stood by him when he was in a coma. They're pretty cute together.
Best Moment: Their wedding was very romantic and I just loved the nature set.
Saddest Moment: Their divorce: Why oh why? They love each other and still...


Why Nr.19? Although they're cute, I don't like it that this seems to be the couple the writers want us to ship, plus: Susan gets on my nerves. But now they're separated, I really like them more...

Miscellaneous: The only current American show I watch in German: So excited to see the rest of Season 5 (Only up to the 100th episode).

This post is a part of my Couples Countdown (Read also HERE)


Current Mood: Relaxed

No comments: