Housism of the Week

House: "I'm the most screwed-up person in the world."
Cuddy: "I know. I love you."
Help Me (06x23)

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My new addiction: Bones

As you know, I've been looking for a new favourite show (read HERE) and although I'm still looking for a good Comedy (still torn between "How I met your mother" and "Reaper"), I think I found a new Drama: "Bones"
I've been suspecting for some time that I might like it, because I have seen some episodes on German TV and loved the cases and read (coincidentally) some spoilers which made me think that there might be a shippable couple there. And I definetly can't resist a show that has a good couple.

So, I've watched the first few episodes and immediately got hooked. I have some time right now because it's only the beginning of the semester and so I've watched every episode there is, including the season finale and I absolutely loved it. I even bought the first and second season on DVD.

Although I suspected I might like it, I had no idea how much I would love it. And there are so many reasons I love it:
  • The cases: I mean, come on: Does it get any more creative than that? They are creepy, interesting, gross and just wonderful and I love every single one, especially the one with the Gravedigger, Epps or Brennan's father. Ah, screw it, they're all great.
  • The characters: I'll talk about Booth and Brennan in a minute, but they're definetly not the only characters worth mentioning: The "Squints" are generally pretty genius and very funny. Angela, Hodgins, Zack and Cam are just one perfect team and I was so sad to see Zack go (Especially because of his wonderful friendship with Hodgins). I also just love Hodgins and Angela as a couple and I hope they'll be together again in season 5.
  • The writing: It's just a very well-balanced show: A little bit of comedy, a little bit of drama, a hint of romance; perfect. I sometimes laugh so hard and then at other times I'm sooo anxious because it has its thrilling moments (Gravedigger!)
  • Brennan: She really reminds me of House sometimes: rational, logical, very smart, a little bit arrogant, sometimes a little unemotional but there are feelings under the surface. I don't know what it was, but I didn't like her looks back when I watched it on German TV, but now I really like her, especially her interaction with Booth.
  • Booth: Apart from the fact that David Boreanaz is incredibly hot, I love his character: Sweet, a little bit cocky, very protective of Brennan, street-smart. He is the perfect counterpart and match for Bones and they're a good team.
  • Brennan and Booth, the relationship: OMG, how could I have missed this for so long? This relationship has absolutely everything I want from a ship. It's a lot like House and Cuddy, only here it's pretty clear that they will end up together (which I don't see on House, yet) The sexual tension is almost palpable and because Brennan is a little bit unemotional, every touch they share is special (The way they hug...) Oooh, I can't wait for them to come closer (but we'll have to wait because of the amnesya - and the summer hiatus).

Well, there's of course more, but I have to go back to studying now. I just hope the fifth season si going to be as great as the last four seasons (and it has been renewed for two seasons, so let's see how that plays out). Looking forward to new cases and new Brennan and Booth.

Current Mood: Shippy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I never thought David would be successful at anything other than Angel, but I'm happy to see I was proven wrong.

And I do hope you'll help us save Reaper. Although the CW is not picking up Reaper, we not giving up yet. ABC Studios is still trying to move the show into syndication or cable. We're advocating all Reaper fans to write their CW affiliates. All links and info here: http://community.livejournal.com/reaperdmv/44208.html And don't forget to contact ABC Studios and thank them for not giving up on Reaper.