Housism of the Week

House: "I'm the most screwed-up person in the world."
Cuddy: "I know. I love you."
Help Me (06x23)

Saturday, September 4, 2010

My new obsession: Fringe

I'm a little in love with Fringe right now. Yesterday, the episode before "Peter" aired and then there were promos for the "Peter" episode. I couldn't wait another week, so I decided to watch it in English. And then of course I had to watch the last few episodes of the second season. And they were amazing. Dramatic, wonderful. I have enjoyed this show in German for quite some time now, but the fact that the season 3 premiere is in a few weeks in the United States and the season premiere here will probably be in March or something convinced me to watch it in English from now on.
I probably won't watch season 1 and 2 in English again for some time, as I'm about to start an internship, but I'll try to recap it this season. I'm really intrigued about how this whole "other universe" thing will go down and how and when the real Olivia will return.
My show count is now up to an even ten, so we'll see how I cope.

EDIT: Okay, who was I kidding, of course I had to watch season 1 & 2 again. I realized two things: One, I have seen every episode of Fringe before, so that was good. Two, I think I've missed a lot. That's the problem with a) watching too many shows, b) watching some of them in German and c) having to wait one week for it to return. With a show that relies so much on continuity, it's better to watch them back to back. There's so much from the first season I have already forgotten, but I also realized that there are still so many questions still left unanswered.
What exactly did William Bell do on the other side?
What is his relationship to Nina Sharp?
What is Broyles and nina's relationship?
Why is Peter so important to Nina? (I'm speculating he's her son or something)
Who is Sam Weiss?
How did that lab assistent die?
Why did Walter ask Bell to remove his brain?
And so on...
I really can't wait for the new season. It's going to be great.

No comments: