Housism of the Week

House: "I'm the most screwed-up person in the world."
Cuddy: "I know. I love you."
Help Me (06x23)

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Emmy Awards 2010

Yeah, finally the Emmys are here again! My favourite Award Show. I haveb't even out up my 2009 review yet and therefore I'm only posting notes here, taken while watching it. I'm a little late as I was on vacation, but I was looking forward to this for some time, so it's going to be just as good.

  • Decent opening number, although NPH'S was better
  • And OMG is that Kate Gosselin? At least she can laugh about herself
  • BETTY WHITE! Always reminds me of my grandma
  • Not one of my favourites is in the opening number
  • I just got goosebumps - I'm so excited
  • Jimmy Fallon can't really sing and I didn't understand a word, but that's okay
  • Nice Conan reference

COMEDY

  • Poor Neil has lost again
  • I should probably watch Glee and Modern Family - they look fun
  • First tears of the night
  • Yeah, Jim parsons is presenting
  • "We're on a horse" ^^
  • I knew that this actress from Glee would get it - She's funny though
  • Is it embarassing that I still find that Neutron joke from Sheldon kinda funny?
  • Matthew Perry can do what he wants, he still moves and acts like Chandler. I adore him.
  • NPH won guest actor in comedy! YEAH!
  • Okay, I really have to watch Modern Family: Stewie and George Clooney
  • Eva Longoria looks stunning
  • JIM PARSONS!!!!!!!!!!!! He actually won and he cannot believe it
  • Neil Patrick Harris presenting! I just love him and that little smirk he did

REALITY

  • Now comes the part where I don't know anyone cuz I can't watch American reality shows in Germany
  • Okay, that was short

DRAMA

  • Grey's Anatomy's shooting scene, at least they're at the Emmys now
  • And of course House, the moment before Cuddy enters the bathroom. SQUEE
  • Emily Deschanel and Nathan Fillion presenting. Bones and Castle. Happy to see them
  • For the love of God. What does Hugh Laurie have to do to get an Emmy??? This is unbelievable: This is his fifth nomination and he didn't win.

VARIETY

  • I still love that joke at the Oscars about Christoph Waltz finding jews...
  • That Cervais guy is funny. "Who wants a beer?" AHHH and now I remember him. He's the original Office guy, isn't he?
  • George Clooney gets an Humanitatian award - good speech

MINI SERIES / MOVIES

  • I wanna watch that Temple Grandin movie
  • And the real one is actually there
  • The song was a little too loud for an In Memoriam
  • I really have to watch that film
  • MAGNUM!!!!!
  • Now for the really good awards:
  • TOM SELLECK. "Okay" Funny
  • Drama Series: I'm still depressed House wasn't even nominated
  • Comedy Series: Modern Family again.
  • At least it wasn't Mad Men and 30 Rock like in 2009 and 2008. Now it's Mad Men and Modern Family

And that was it. I always wish that there was something at the end, but somehow they always run out of time. Let me say that my recording had the ads cut out and only took 2h instead of 3h. Just saying.
All in all a good award show. My favourite shows have to crank it up to get nominated, but otherewise... Jimmy Fallon did a decent job, NPH was way bettter, but I like that they kept it organized this way. Maybe next year I get to see it live. Would be awesome.

No comments: