Housism of the Week

House: "I'm the most screwed-up person in the world."
Cuddy: "I know. I love you."
Help Me (06x23)

Saturday, January 16, 2010

How I started to watch Sex and the City

Most of the time when you watch a show, there's some kind of special way you got to watching it in the first place. I have almost never met someone who has been watching a show from the first episode on and has been a fan ever since. Instead there are funny little stories how you started watching a certain show. In this little series of blogs titled "How is started to watch..." I want to tell you my stories in a random order.

I haven't down one in a few months, but as I'm currently rewatching "Sex and the City" and as it is a pretty short story, I thought I'd share.

This is actually a two-parter. It begins in 2005. I had just turned 16 and I was very eager for someone to ask me to show them my ID. Kinda silly, I have to admit but when you've just turned 16 you want them to ask and as I was and still am looking much younger, I had a special interest in that. Anyway, I was standing in a DVD shop and had just decided against buying another Friends DVD just yet (wanted to wait until it wasn't as expensive) and thought: Well, why don't buy something that you only get if you're 16. I don't really remember what the other show was, but I decided I'd buy Sex and the City, the first season. I had seen one or two episodes on TV but as I was an innocent child (not really, but oh well), I wasn't watching it regularily. So, I bought it, they didn't aks me for ID (bummer) and watched it. And I really liked it.
Well, I didn't buy the second season as it was too expensive and I kinda lost track of the whole show. I rewatched the first season again and again, but always wondered what would happen to Carrie and Mr.Big. Later, for my 17th birthday I got parts of the 5th season as a present. I liked those episodes, too, but always thought that there were more episodes in the fifth season than the 8 I got. I was wrong.

Cut to 2008. My cousin told me she had free movie tickets to see the Sex and the City film. She aksed me to go and I thought: Well, you liked the first season so you'll enjoy the movie. And I really did. It was pretty awesome and I loved the whole Big-Carrie relationship. What do you expect? I'm a sucker for relationships) Soon after I saw the movie, I decided to watch the rest of the show and quickly became a fan. I've just gone through it a second time and own pretty much all of it on DVD now. And can't wait for the second movie.

Sometimes it takes three attempts to get me hooked but Sex and the City was persistent and finally fot me. Thank God.


Current Mood: Nostalgic

No comments: