Housism of the Week

House: "I'm the most screwed-up person in the world."
Cuddy: "I know. I love you."
Help Me (06x23)

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Couples Countdown Nr.22

Lynette & Tom
(Desperate Housewives)


Current status: Married, five kids (As of episode 100)
The Beginning: Lynette and Tom are introduced as a married couple in the show's pilot.
Course of the Relationship: The first season, Lynette is very unhappy because on the one hand she wants to be a good mother for her four children but on the other hand she misses her job as an advertiser. She gets hooked on drugs but fights through it. Later she seems to discover that Tom is cheating on her with another woman, but she discovers that Tom has a 12-year-old daughter from the time they weren't married. Lynette gets shot and soon after that cancer but fights through both with Tom. They open a pizza place together, but Lynette has to take care of it on her own when Tom hurts his back. She developes feelings for another man and Tom and she almost break up. After a fight, they discover that Lynette has cancer. They fight her cancer together and reconcile. At a tornando, Lynette's family gets burried in a cellar.
The End & Future: 5 years later, Lynette and Tom are still married and struggling with their teenage kids, especially Porter.

When I fell in love with them: As soon as I watched the show I was instantly smitten with them.
Why I like them: They are a very real couple: I mean, they have been married for some time, they have children and of course there are many problems. But eventually they fight together for their love and their family. They are both very strong people (Lynette's sometimes a little bit stronger, but that's alright) but they can be both very gentle and caring.
Best Moment: Their wedding anniversary was just perfect. Well, after some time :)
Saddest Moment: I was devastated when Lynette and of course me thought that Tom was cheating on her and she left him. I was also very anxious to know what happened after the tornado to Tom and the kids.

Why Nr.22? Cute couple with ups and downs, but not the usual ship I love. Would love to see their first date or something like that.
Miscellaneous: Married from the first season up until now, it's not the usual ship because most couples on this list fall in love whle the show's running.

This post is a part of my Couples Countdown (Read also HERE)

Current Mood: Relaxed

No comments: