Housism of the Week

House: "I'm the most screwed-up person in the world."
Cuddy: "I know. I love you."
Help Me (06x23)

Friday, June 12, 2009

Couples Countdown Nr.9

Carla & Turk
(Scrubs)


Current status: Married, one child (Izzie), one on the way
The Beginning: Carla and Turk almost slept together in the pilot episode of the show, but Carla let him undress and then left.
Course of the Relationship: For some time, Turk tried to get a date with Carla, but she didn't want to because she was looking for the "real" thing. After some time they started dating and eventually Turk told Carla, a he loved her (After everyone thought they were about to break up) A year later, Turk asked Carla to marry her, but she needed some time to think. When Turk was almost ready to give up, she accepted and they got married in the hospital because Turk missed the ceremony in the church. They tried for some time to get pregant and eventually succeeded. Their little daughter Izabel (Izzie) was born and after suffering through postpartum depression, Carla returned to work. Carla's thinking about having a second baby while Turk has grown up but is still a little boy when he's around JD.
The End & Future: Carla gets pregnant with their second child. In the future, their daughter Izzie is marrying JD's son Sam.

When I fell in love with them: Season 1, episode 12, "My blind date" Turk and Carla have a fight and you think they break up, but Turk tells her that he wants to spend "every iritating moment" with her. I loved that episode.
Why I like them: Again, I like this relationship because of its reality and nice romantic moments. It's not over the top romantic as other relationship and you can always relate to them. They're scared of commitment, they have fights and when they have a baby, they know it's not going to be easy. On the other hand they always stay together, they help each other through problems and most important: Carla accepts Turk's weird guy-friendship with JD ;) They just live their everyday life with all its ups and downs.
Best Moment: I liked the birth of their daughter very much, their song in "My Musical" and the above mentioned moment when they realize they love each other.
Saddest Moment: I was very disappointed when Turk didn't make it to the wedding on time. I just felt so sorry for Carla. The other moment would be Carla's suffering through postpartum depression that made me almost cry.

Why Nr.9? It's an almost perfect relationship with ups and downs and a lot of realism.
Miscellaneous: Maybe you should call this realtionship a "triangle"… JD and Turk are really close , too :D

This post is a part of my Couples Countdown (Read also HERE)

Current Mood: Relaxed

No comments: