Housism of the Week

House: "I'm the most screwed-up person in the world."
Cuddy: "I know. I love you."
Help Me (06x23)

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Couples Countdown Nr.1

Monica & Chandler
(Friends)

Current status: Married, with twins Jack and Erica
The Beginning: Monica and Chandler have been best friends for some time. When Monica's brother Ross gets married in London and a lady asks if Monica is Ross's mother, she's very depressed and Chandler and she sleep with each other.
Course of the Relationship: For some time, Chandler and Monica sleep with each other, just for fun and because they realize that they're attracted to each other. Little by little, their friends discover their secret and bothof them realize that they love each other. They almost get married in Las Vegas, but after they see Ross and Rachel really get married they decide to move in together first. Because Chandler is afraid of commitment, Monica proposes and they get married one year later. They try to get pregnant for a while, but it turns out that they can't conceive naturally. After battling Chandler's unemployment, they find a woman who will give them their child.
The End & Future: The woman gives birth to twins, Erika and Jack, and Chandler and Monica move out of town in their own house, ending the show.

When I fell in love with them: I liked them when they were "just" friends, but as soon as they hooked up I was absolutely in love with their relationship.
Why I like them: For me, they symbolize a very real couple. Chandler is afraid of comittment, Monica can be a total control freak but they make it work because they love each other. They have amazing chemistry and undergo a wonderful journey together. Much more steady than Ross and Rachel.
Best Moment: In my all-time favourite episode "TOW everyone finds out" Chandler admits that he loves Monica after Phoebe, who knows about them, tries to seduce him.
Saddest Moment: I felt so bad for them when they found out that they weren't able to conceive a baby naturally because Monica wanted to have children all the time and I thought this was a very sad moment.

Why Nr.1? It's the perfect ship: It's romantic, they have chemistry, they are perfect for each other. Period.
Miscellaneous: This is propably one of my first "real" ship as Friends is my all-time favourite show and I used to watch it all the time. I still do, but I have other shows I love, too. Although I love Ross and Rachel, too, I always liked this couple better because they somehow seem more real.

This post is a part of my Couples Countdown (Read also HERE)

Current Mood: Relieved

No comments: