Housism of the Week

House: "I'm the most screwed-up person in the world."
Cuddy: "I know. I love you."
Help Me (06x23)

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Couples Countdown Nr.12

Elliot & JD
(Scrubs)


Current status: Together
The Beginning: JD was smitten the instant he saw Elliot. He asked her out but she turned out to be a little, well let's call it competitive.
Course of the Relationship: They decided to become friends instead although JD always wanted her to be more. A little later, they slept together and they were a couple for a few weeks but they realized that they weren't cut out to be a couple. After some uncomfortable days, they were friends again but slept together a year after they broke up, split up and slept together again, after JD realized that he loved her. Elliot left her boyfriend for JD who then realized he didn't want her. Both had several relationships, JD got a son and Elliot got engaged, but they also shared a moment when they almost kissed. Elliot broke up with Keith and JD didn't get together again with his child's mother. They got back together just ebcause they decided they belong together.
The End & Future: A flash-forward suggests they get married and Elliot gets pregnant.

When I fell in love with them: I liked them in the first season, especially when they shared that pizza.
Why I like them: I liked their relationship when they first hooked up and I loved the second time. When they split up the second time, I thought: Well, maybe that's not meant to be. JD started to like her and she split up with her boyfriend. And then, when they just got back together, JD didn't want her any more. I absolutely hated that. Since then, I'm rather sceptic and for a long time I couldn't imagine them being together again. But recently, I kind of got used to the idea, so maybe... some time... who knows?
Best Moment: When they hooked up for the third time I felt so happy for them because they seemed to genuinely like each other this time. Right before JD didn't want her any more.
Saddest Moment: The end of "My bed, banter and beyond". The whole episode was about their relationship and at that point it was already clear that they will split up. But the episode jumped back to the first day of their relationship and they were so full of hope, I felt so sorry for them that it didn't work out.

Why Nr.12? Sometimes I like them, sometimes I don't. I haven't made up my mind yet.
Miscellaneous: I always like to think of them as the "Ross and Rachel" of our time.

This post is a part of my Couples Countdown (Read also HERE)


Current Mood: Stressed

No comments: