Housism of the Week

House: "I'm the most screwed-up person in the world."
Cuddy: "I know. I love you."
Help Me (06x23)

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bones: "The End in the Beginning" (04x26)

As I have been pretty addicted to Bones recently (Read HERE), I of course had to watch the season finale last Thursday. There have been so many spoilers recently about Booth and Bones having sex in this episode, I was expecting something big. But - in contrast to a lot of fans who have been waiting for this for years - I have only been waiting for two weeks. Consequently, I wasn't as dissapointed as some fans, when they only had sex in Booth's dream/Brennan's story.


Apart from this, I really enjoyed the episode. It was just very sweet seeing Bones and Booth as a couple (and they would be absolutely amazing, can't wait) and I loved the alternate reality: Everyone (including every intern and Zack) had an interesting role, even Booth's brother Jared, who turned out to be the murderer in the end. The case was of course side-tracked by the story and thus not that interesting.
The story was pretty simple: Bones (or Brennan, in this reality) and Booth (Mr.B) were married and owned a night club called "The Lab" where most characters we already know (the interns, Angela, Zack and Sweets) were working. Hodgins was a guest, also the narrator of this episode, Cam and Jared were police officers, investigating a murder in the Lab and suspecting Bones or Booth.
Not only was every important character mentioned, but also Gormogon (as Sweets band) and the Gravedigger (as a mob boss). I absolutely loved this. It was just special and very interesting to see the characters in a different setting. I know there was not character development this way, but still, it was a good episode. Although I have to agree that it might have been better as a mideseason episode.
Anyway, the important part were of course the scenes with Booth and Brennan: Having sex, just a lot of cuddling and kissing, trusting each other (as the do in "real" life), just being awfully cute while still being Brennan and Booth. In the end, Brennan is even pregnant and both are very happy. Of course, this would be a dream come true, but it turns out it is just this: A dream. A dream, booth is having while in a coma from his brain surgery. And it's also a story written by Brennan, while he's out. A story about how life could be if they met at any other time, if they weren't solving crimes, if .... who knows?
The only "real" scene in this episode is the last one and it's the most shocking one: When Booth wakes up, he can't remember Brennan any more. I wonder what will happen next season (I'm sure he's going to remember her eventually, but I'm interested how this amnesia thing will work. For now, I'm just happy about this episode as a dream about their future and a confession of love from both Brennan and Booth.

Best Moment: Booth and Brennan sitting on the chair, Brennan telling him she's pregnant (His face was sooo cute)
Saddest Moment: Booth's amnesia
Favourite Quote:
Hodgins: "You see two people and you think: They belong together."

Some Booth/Brennan highlights:



Current Mood: Happy

No comments: